As a member of the Virginia Housing Alliance, you become an important partner in the fight to expand housing opportunity and end homelessness in Virginia. There are also many membership benefits you receive which include (but are not limited to):
- Opportunity to actively shape the legislative agenda for VHA during the Virginia General Assembly session, and during both of VHA’s state and federal housing lobby days
- Opportunity to host an AmeriCorps VISTA for capacity building activities at your organization
- Ability to access grant funding to pay for hosting an AmeriCorps VISTA member at your organization
- Access to affordable subject matter technical assistance offered at a discounted rate
Professional Development and Training
- Complimentary registration for two (2) trainings per year through VHA’s HELP Center
- Discounted registration fees for all VHA conference and events
- Ability to request either webinar based or in-person trainings tailored to the needs of your organization, subject matter area, or region of the Commonwealth
- Networking at membership events throughout the year
- Opportunities to share important news about your organization with VHA members and share job advertisements
- Opportunities to participate in VHA event planning committees
- Listing as a VHA member on our website with a link to your program or agency’s website
The support of our members is essential to fulfilling our mission of expanding housing opportunity and ending homelessness in Virginia. Membership dues are the main source of funding for our advocacy work, which is more important than ever. Your membership supports implementation of a robust legislative agenda each year, which has had significant results. For example:
- During the 2017 General Assembly session, a year with significant budget cuts to address a $1.2 billion state budget shortfall, we were successful in defending the Housing Trust Fund from receiving any cuts. It remains funded at $5.5 million per year.
- Our advocacy efforts also resulted in additional funding for Permanent Supportive Housing in 2017, resulting in the General Assembly awarding an additional $5 million for FY 17 – 18.
Your support as a member of VHA also enables us to keep you up to date with the latest housing news throughout the year. We frequently send out alerts with important policy updates, information about training opportunities and events, and opportunities to engage in advocacy.
We appreciate the support of each of our members like you. You are the ones who make this important work possible!
Please contact Rachel Bates at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The non-tax deductible amount of your membership donation is $150.