Virginia Housing Alliance provides service providers, CoCs, and Local Planning Groups technical assistance to adapt their programming and retool their staff and resources to respond to the changing homeless services, housing models, and funding structures. The shift from housing ready to housing first principles requires CoCs and providers to commit to:
- New models of rapid re-housing and permanent supportive housing programs
- Systems over programs
- Measuring outcomes over outputs
VHA can help you make the transition by:
- Improving CoCs’ competitiveness on federal and state grant opportunities
- Facilitating CoC and Local Planning Group strategic planning
- Developing and managing pilot programs that increase rapid re-housing and permanent housing stock, focus on program efficiencies, and bring awareness of best practices to service partners, board members, and local leadership.
Contact Hunter Snellings, Director of Programs at 804-332-0560 to talk about how you can take advantage of VHA technical assistance.