Nominations for the Annual Awards Luncheon are Due This Friday, April 21st!
Nominations for 2017 Awards are due this Friday, April 21st! We are excited to accept submissions for the 2017 Game Changer Award, 2017 Inductees to the Top 40 Network, and 2017 Inductees to the Hall of Fame. Award winners will be recognized at the Annual Awards Luncheon on June 15, 2017 at noon. Nominations may be made by any member of the housing industry or homeless services field, and individuals may nominate as many candidates as they wish. Self- nominations will be accepted.
VHA is soliciting nominations for professionals from:
- Non- profit housing organizations
- Firms specializing in housing development, investment, finance, construction, property management, sales, and/ or consulting
- Redevelopment and housing authorities
- Local government housing and community development departments
- State and federal agencies
- Sectors with allied advocacy interests (ex: public school system, university, health care, mental health, reentry, etc.)
Game Changer Award Nominations
What could be more important to the future of affordable housing and homeless services than those professionals whose work “changes the game” for our clients, our communities, and our field? The Game Changer Award recognizes Virginia’s affordable housing leaders for major breakthroughs or outstanding achievements in the affordable housing industry and homeless services field. This can include achievement in housing programs, services, development, finance, education, health, and advocacy. We are looking for leaders whose recent efforts have made a critical difference in one of these achievement categories.
Top 40 Network Nominations
The mission of the Top 40 Network is “Connecting and developing leaders impacting housing through engaging opportunities for learning and relationship building to create transformation in the industry.” Induction into the Top 40 Network is more than a one-time award, but acceptance into a network of other housing professionals dedicated to continuing to strengthen housing opportunities in the Virginia.
To be considered for selection a nominee must:
- Have demonstrated professional excellence in Virginia’s housing industry and leadership in innovation.
- Perform a majority of their professional responsibilities within Virginia.
- Must be under 40 years of age at the time of the award.
- Nominee must be willing support the mission and goals of the Top 40 Network through various networking and professional development initiatives.
Hall of Fame Nominations
The Hall of Fame recognizes Virginia’s housing leaders who have demonstrated outstanding career performance in programs, services, development, or finance and who are retired as of June 30, 2017. Nominees for the Hall of Fame must:
- Have demonstrated a career of outstanding performance in Virginia’s housing industry or homeless services field
- Have performed a majority of their professional responsibilities within Virginia